Recent research reveals that nearly 68% of adults and 95% of children in the United States do not consume enough omega-3 fatty acids as needed to meet official nutritional targets of that country.
Omega-3 essential fats are crucial to our diet because they help improve our skin, eyes, brain and immune system. The human body does not produce omega-3 fatty acids by itself. It requires food or supplements to obtain it.
A person must ingest between 250 and 500 mg of DHA and EPA combined every day to stay healthy. Unfortunately, most Americans fail to meet this standard.
Find out if you’re getting enough omega-3! Take a look at some of the most common symptoms of omega-3 deficiency:
1. Irritation of the skin, lesions or acne: Fatty acids help maintain healthy cell membranes, which helps cells retain moisture. Consequently, dry skin can be an early warning sign that you are not getting enough omega-3.
2. Hair loss: Fatty acids keep your hair thick and healthy, while minimizing scalp and follicle irritation, a common cause of hair loss.
3. Joint pain and stiffness: Because omega-3 fatty acids produce an anti-inflammatory response in the body, it is widely accepted that joint pain and stiffness, especially the kind associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), is a sign of omega-3 deficiency.
4. Brain fog and diminished cognitive function: Difficulty with concentration and memory gaps can indicate you are not getting enough omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Fatigue: Fatigue is a common sign of omega-3 deficiency. Research has demonstrated that omega-3 supplementation has beneficial effects in lupus, a condition that causes both fatigue and joint pain.
6. Poor sleep quality: The lack of omega-3 fatty acids can potentially affect your sleep, causing you to toss and turn, leading even to insomnia.
How can you include more omega-3 into your diet?
There are a couple of ways to add omega-3 to your daily diet. First, start by adding more foods rich in DHA, EPA and ALA, the three types of omega-3 fatty acids. The second way is to take an omega-3 supplement and take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer in your everyday life. To name just a few, omega-3 helps:
1.- Improve cognitive health, while stabilizing your mood and overall brain function.*
2.- Maintain and reinforce cardiovascular health.*
3.- Boost the immune system function.*
4.- Reduce unhealthy levels of triglycerides and cholesterol.*
5.- Restrain free radicals, highly volatile molecules that can cause cell death.*
6.- Quiet proinflammatory signals.*
Make the most of Immunotec products and start enjoying your new healthy lifestyle, with a balanced diet and proper exercise.
Buy 3 & Get 20% OFF in US, Canada + Mexico until February 28th.
For additional information click HERE.
Written by: Claudio Peñaloza Casillas
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Product name, promotions, availability varies per market. Please visit website for details.
One Comment on “The Omega-3 Craze: What You Need to Know”
Laura AlonsoFebruary 19, 2023 at 1:30 pm
LOVE this so much it’s great learning new things about our bodies and knowing what it’ needs also to help our kids for their health too