The Urinary System (also known as the Urinary Tract) works to filter blood and produce urine as a waste product. There are many interesting mechanisms involved. Let’s explore a few facts before #BladderHealthAwareness month comes to a close. P.S. Not many people know that Probio 3+ with Cranberry helps to relieve recurring urinary tract infections amongst its many other benefits*. Let’s review:
- 1. Organs of the urinary system include the kidneys, renal pelvis, ureters, bladder, and urethra
- 2. An average kidney measures about as large as a fist
- 3. Our uterus is a tube that carries urine from the kidney to the bladder
- 4. The bladder can stretch to hold up to two cups of urine
- 5. There are muscles called sphincters at the bladder’s exit that close strongly to prevent spontaneous leaks
- 6. The female urethra is approximately 1.5 inches long
- 7. Urine consists mostly of water, urea (a waste product), salts, and minerals
- 8. Dark urine can be a sign of dehydration
- 9. The yellowish color is due to the presence of a pigment called urochrome
- 10. Drinking large amounts of water (minimum two liters per day), eating a healthy diet that contains more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, and practicing pelvic exercises on the ground regularly helps to maintain and support a healthy bladder
“Now, most of you will recognize that cranberry has been used for centuries to treat urinary tract infections. The way it’s supposed to work is to alter the acidity (or pH) in the urine to discourage bacterial growth. That’s an easy one to understand. What’s less known, is that certain probiotics also have the ability to improve bladder infections. But they need to be specific cultures of prebiotic cultures, and there are many!” Check out our previous post on Bladder Health Awareness and Probio3+ with Dr. Jimmy Gutman MD, Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board by clicking here
In case of pain or problems when urinating, you should consult a Urologist, as it could indicate a medical condition that needs immediate attention. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Your Gut is a Key Player in the Immune System
Our digestive track allows our bodies to process the food we eat, absorb nutrients and eliminate toxins. #Guttok influencers have appealed to millions of viewers speaking of their personal experiences with gut health in 2022. The subject is becoming increasingly popular, but why? Read the latest > Gut Health: The New Obsession to learn more.
More to Adore
Stock-Up Sale | Your Favorites in Packs of 6 available in U.S. and Canada. Product availability, specials, names and claims may vary per market. Please visit Immunotec.com for details.
Written By: Nourhan Wael
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Product name, promotions, availability varies per market. Please visit website for details.